Ignore the dramatic singing face but this song was my favorite for such a long time. It’s called If You’re Not the One by Daniel Bedingfield. This was released in 2002. I was in a Philippine public transportation minding my own business when this was first aired. I don’t know what exactly was I thinking at that time but I remember crying because of the song.
For my random facts, nominees and questions, please CLICK ME.
Here are my answers to Julianne’s questions:
- What are you most determined to do in your life? – I am most determined to teach Brooklyn about God. The way my parents have taught me. I pray that he also desires to know the Lord and live for HIM!
- Who is the most powerful person alive? And why? Could be a famous person, or perhaps one of your family or friends. – I would normally say that it’s the US President because not only that he leads a great country, he also has the capacity to influence world leaders who are of similar authority. BUT WHAT REALLY IS POWER? With that question lingering in my head, I believe that the most powerful collective force today is the voice of people and if we only use it more, we are unstoppable!
- What is the one thing that should be taught in school, but isn’t? – There are lots but thinking as a mom, they should put self-defense in every curriculum. I was watching this cheesy Netflix show Cobra Kai (based on Karate Kid) and it occurred to me, that in knowing the art of Karate (or any form of self-defense), one must be self-motivated to enroll themselves to these kinds of lessons or at least have parents who will encourage them to participate — parents who are also willing to spend extra money to provide this additional skill for their children. What happens is, people who do not see the need for this will never avail it voluntarily. BUT the need for this arises at one point or another, therefore must be available to all, and not just as an elective.
- How do you recharge? – I recharge by sleeping long and deep.
- What is something you are certain you’ll never experience? – I will never experience doing drugs. I guess. Because I have been placed in such situation that I was being literally tempted by people who are in front of me to share drugs with them, but I never did. I mean, I have done several questionable things in life and most of which I won’t ever disclose here, but what I am saying is that, I’ve succumbed to peer pressure a lot of times but not with drugs because I just don’t like it. It’s not a matter of righteousness or anything, I just know it’s not my thing.
- What do you think are the five most beautiful things in the world? Why? I’d tell you about the five most beautiful things in LIFE (instead): Love, Gratitude, Compassion, Hope, Faith – because they make JOY!
- What obstacles are you trying to overcome? – I have just overcome one. I still have a lot. Most of which is attached to our future plans.
- What do you take for granted? – My health. I am one of the most unhealthy people in the world but this situation we’re in has thrown me into health disaster! Thank God I can breathe now and be able to focus more on getting well.
- What is one responsibility you wish you didn’t have? – There’s one. But I’d rather not publish it, I feel so ashamed even just thinking about it.
- What’s your favourite trait about yourself? – I am simple – I like simple things – I have simple joys. If it were up to me, my life is very simple.
- What’s something you enjoy that you never get tired of? – I never get tired of irritating Brook, I guess that’s my favorite hobby. He is at home and doesn’t go out except for weekends and at the moment, I believe I am his bestfriend next to Faith, my youngest sister. He’s at the stage where he gets so mad at me and doesn’t speak with me for some time, but if I tell him to kiss me, he still does it.